Mac 'Speed Dial' Lipstick Review & Swatches

2.11.2014

Hey everyone,

I recently splurged on another Mac lipstick- I only own one other [rebel, which I reviewed here], so I figured it was time to pick up another! After some long deliberation and testing different shades on my hand, I chose the shade 'speed dial' which is a cremesheen lipstick. 

'Speed dial' is a blue toned pink, and the cremesheen finish means its quite glossy when first applied. After buying, I admit I wasn't entirely sure if it was what I was looking for, but now I can certainly say that I love it! Depending on how forcefully you apply it, it can look a tad sheer, but once you build it up it looks extremely pigmented. It's not too bright either, which means its perfect for wearing to school- yay! I think my favorite thing about Mac lipsticks is how moisturising and creamy they are. My lips always feel super soft after applying, and although I despise strongly scented lipsticks, I adore the taste of these! There's a light vanilla scent off it, but nothing too overpowering. As with most lighter toned lipstick, this shade did wear off after about 2 hours, but I have no problem with reapplying it. I find after a while it can get a bit drying, which is why I like to reapply it!


This lipstick will set you back €19, as with most Mac lipsticks! Is it worth it? If you're looking for a subtle pop of colour for spring, then yes! I actually don't own alot of pink lipsticks, as I prefer berry shades, so I'm extremely happy with this shade. It's super girly but great for this season!

Have you tried 'speed dial'? Are you a fan of Mac lipsticks?

post signature

where to find me >

3 comments

  1. I used to own this shade and it ran out a while back, reading this has made me think about how much I loved it when I owned it, I might have to pick this up again next time I'm near a MAC counter!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried Speed Dial but it looks so pretty!

    Terri
    http://territidy.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade is so perfect, so girly yet put together - it really looks fab! :)

    www.hannahsfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.