Beauty Trend; winged eyeliner

11.10.2012

its in the eyes


Ah the winged, flicked [whatever you want to call it] eyeliner. One of my all time favorite looks, and actually easier than you think. Worn frequently by the likes of Lauren Conrad [as seen above] and many other celebrities, this timeless trend is quick, easy and looks great once you get the hang of it. Practice makes perfect after all!

Some say that this 'trend' originated from Cleopatra herself, who used charcoal to create the flick at the end. There are many ways you can get this look, and with so many products on the market, it is easy to get confused. Below I will explain the use of each product best used to create this look to help you get the best out of your money and so you can use your chosen eyeliner to its potential.

1. Liquid eyeliner; From my experience [which isn't alot reaaally] liquid eyeliner requires quite a steady hand. Best lean on something while applying, and perhaps buy waterproof as it can come off quite easily.

2. Gel eyeliner; This is something I've always wanted to try, but never have. Gel eyeliner is typically more expensive than the others, but from what I've heard is very long-lasting and bold.

3. Pen [liquid, felt tip] eyeliner; My favorite out of the 3! I loooooove my felt tip eyeliner. Its really easy to apply, as its just like using a marker/felt tip pen on your eye, and can be quite cheap too. My only negativity is that I can never find one that last for a long time, and I'm really prone to rubbing my eyes throughout the day, unfortunately.


Get the look;

  1. Grab your chosen product.
  2. Start off in the inner corner of your eye and drag the brush/pen along the eye, staying as close to the lashline as possible. 
  3. When you get to the outer corner, draw a small line/flick in the direction of the outer part of your eyebrow.
  4. Voile! Your done! Just repeat on the other eye and try [your best] to make them match.
If you get stuck, you can always check out this video by The Beauty Department.



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.