New Year, Same Me- But Better

1.02.2016

I'm not really one for resolutions. I've tried making them in the past, some I've stuck to, some not so much. Most of the time, I forget where I've even written them down.
 I'm also not big into the idea of a 'new year, new me'. Although I agree that the start of a new year is a great time to refresh and clear some clutter from your life, I don't think it's necessary to completely wipe yourself clean and start a new persona over night. This year, I'm going to continue to develop as a person and to 'find myself' (cringe, but true).

Whilst at the Three Countdown* concert at the 3arena on NYE (more on that on my twitter and instagram, in a nutshell- it was a fantastic event!), I realised that 2015 really did have it's highs and lows, but some things don;t have to stay the same next year. By making small changes to my life, I hope to improve the person I already am. 



Become more organised
This one is something I really need to work on.I used to be an extremely tidy and organised person, but lately I've allowed clutter to take over my room and my mind. I'm all over the place with university deadlines, and as I'm sure some of you noticed, my blogging schedule has been all over the place. I received a gorgeous new 2016 diary that I plan to use to my advantage, and to regain some order into my life. 

Be less stressed
Quite a generalised point to make, but an important one nonetheless! I'm the type of person that gets anxious over little things, and although it's hard to make that disappear completely, I hope to change certain aspects of my life that allow me to get anxious in the first place. I tend to let stress build up over time, particularly when it comes to leaving deadlines to the last minute. Time to become more carefree! 
Travel more
I absolutely love travelling, and I already have two trips abroad planned for this year (Budapest in January, London in February). BUT I'd love to do more than that. From Austria to Italy, there' a whole bunch of countries on my to-see list, and I'm hoping to get a chance to visit some of them this year. I've learnt that travelling is one of the things in life that makes me truly happy, which makes it even better!

Know where I stand
I know a lot of people. Without trying to sound pretentious, I also happen to have a lot of 'friends' all over the place. A lot of the time, I'm always the one to keep in touch, when it's clear some of these people have no time for me. So, for 2016, I'd like to keep my ground and not care about the boy that never texted back, or the 'friend' I haven't talked to in a couple of months. Sometimes, clutter comes in the form of human beings too!

What would you like to improve about yourself this year, if anything?

*tickets to the gig were sponsored

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.