'Disco Dotty' nails

1.13.2013

Bonjour bloggers :)

My nails idea of the week occurred to me at a spur of the moment. I was inspired by the neon lights in Las Vegas, the disco dancing in the 80's and the reoccurring neon trend that seems to pop up on fashion week every couple of years. What makes this nail art even better is that it is SO easy! I swear even my dad could try his hand at this.

I used the following products:

[from l-r: Essence quick dry topcoat, Sally Hensen hard as nails, Bourjois so lacquer black, NYC green, NYC yellow, Avon pink, Colour Club purple & Collection 2000 ice blue, double sided dotting tool.

~
Steps:
  1. Paint your nails with two coats of base coat [I used Sally Hensen] and allow to dry. This prevents the polish from staining your nails and the one I have also strengthens your nails. 
  2. Apply black nail varnish on all nails.
  3. Using a dotting tool, a toothpick or a small pin stuck onto an eraser-pencil, put different size dots on your nails.
  4. Apply a top coat for a long lasting, glossy finish.


without flash 

with flash

Voila! Enjoy :)
Rachel x

4 comments

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.