Book Talk: 'How To Be Parisian, Wherever You Are'

4.28.2016

Let's face it- Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without books. I was always the type of child to ask for a long list of books for Christmas, and that didn't go away when I hit my teens. On the top of my list this year was a book I'd seen on Instagram time and time again. It was a book that I presumed to be a mere style bible, but I was oh so wrong. This book has become my 2016 bible, and each page contains a new mantra to follow as I stumble through my 18th year.
'How To Be Parisian' is the brainchild of four fabulous French women- author Anne Berest, scriptwriter Audrey Diwan, model and Lancome muse Caroline de Maigret and producer Sophie Mas. These four women came together to create, what I believe, is a book that women worldwide can take something from. The four Parisiennes chronicle their tips in love, in looks and in life, all in a way that is bound to make you laugh and smile. From hosting dinner parties to 'how to destabilize a man', this witty little book is by far, one of the best books I've read all year. 
There's just something so effortless about the French, and it's always been something I've admired. I've learnt from this book that you don't need to be French born to take on the mindset of a Parisian. It's not just their barely-there makeup and chic style, but also in the way they live their lives. They're opinionated and strong and they really don't give a damn about what others say and do. They may be bossy and blunt, but they're also romantic and emotional. And that is how I want to live my life, too. 

If you're look for a smart yet lighthearted read, I couldn't recommend this book enough. It's a book I pick up time and time again when I'm down or lacking life spirit. I can open it on a random page to read something that will instantly make me smile- whether it's a short story of a first date or list of Parisian-esque essentials.

Have you read 'How To Be Parisian', or a my book similar to it? If you have any book recommendations, leave them in the comments below!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.