Runway Roundup: Fall 2015 Couture

7.15.2015

Hey everyone,

Paris Fashion Week ended last week, and I thought I'd share some of my favourite collections with you all! The Haute Couture shows are my absolute favourite- designers really seem to go that extra mile to produce a memorable collection. Not only that, but some of my favourite designers create a couture collection, like Elie Saab and Versace. Each year after PFW I'm left in awe, and this season was no different. Here are some of the ones I loved the most!

Elie Saab
Oh Elie Saab, how I adore you. Elie Saab is one of all time favourite designers, and I could honestly cry at how beautiful this collection is. This season there was a mixture of colours, with the show starting out in pastels and gold, then leading onto rich burgundys and turquoise. Although the collection has nothing on their Spring 2014 Couture collection (which I wrote about here), it still blew me away. As usual, Saab has managed to create a collection that makes me wish I was a fairytale princess. Simply stunning!

Zuhair Murad
Usually during the Couture seasons I look to Elie Saab for embellishment and bling, but this season I actually think I prefer Zuhair Murad's collection- dare I say it? I fell in love with the jewel tone shades, with the beautiful placement of diamonds to look like stars. The collection reminds me of dark starry nights, and I absolutely adore it. Definitely a designer I'll be paying more attention to!

Versace
I've always been what I'd call an "on and off Versace fan". There are times when I love their collections, and times when I think it's just meh. This season, however, I'm in love. I'm loving the 70s trend right now, and I love how Versace have taken inspiration from the 70s for parts of the collection. The knee high boots, the flares sleeves.. perfect!

Giambattista Valli
images from style.com
I first discovered Giambattista Valli with their Spring 2015 Couture collection, and ever since then I've been anticipating their next collection. Let me tell you- it did not disappoint! The brand are quite known for the flamboyant embellishment and big tulle skirts, and this collection was no different. The collection is slightly out there, but I just think the floral appliqué and different textures are so unique. 

Which collection was your favourite? Let me know in the comments below!

-Rachel x

1 comment

  1. Fab post! I absolutely love that pink Elie Saab dress & Zuhair Murad can do no wrong in my mind :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.