My Travel Guide To Lisbon

7.27.2015

As I mentioned in my last post, I fell a lil bit in love with the city of Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. Following on from my last travel diary from France, I've put together a travel guide to Lisbon for anyone that's interested in visiting there. Where to shop, what to eat and things to do- I've got you covered! I've briefly mentioned this on my twitter, but for some time now, I've been falling out of love with beauty blogging. Fashion, lifestyle and travel posts are the ones I like writing the most, so that's what I will be continuing with for the most part! I'll still have the odd beauty post every now and then, but for the most part I'm sticking with what I love the most.Enough rambling- here's my travel guide to Lisbon!

What To Eat:
Custard tarts (or 'pastel de nata') are a Portuguese speciality, and by god,they're delicious! I really didn't think I'd enjoy them but I had way too many during my 5 day stay in Lisbon. The best ones I tried were at Confeitaria Nacional (Praça da Figueira 18B). We had breakfast there twice as it was only a 5 minute walk from our apartment! I also recommend their hot chocolate (one of the best I've ever had) and their croissants. For dinner, we mostly had Italian as there were plenty of restaurants to choose from. We really enjoyed Romans (Rua Augusta, 216-218) and Da Vinci Ristorante & Pizzeria (Rua Jardim Do Rejedor, 37-45).
Confeitaria Nacional
Breakfast at Confeitaria Nacional & Dinner at Da Vincis

Places To Visit
Two day trips that are quick to make and well worth the time are Cascais and Sintra. Lisbon is a beautiful city itself, but if you're looking to fit in a trip to the beach, then Cascais is the place to go. It's only 40 minutes by train from the Cais De Sodre station (which is also on the metro line) and cost around €4.40 return for an adult. There are many beaches there and it was absolutely scorching when we went there (twice!). Sintra is another town that's also around 40 minutes away, which you can get to from the Rossio train station. It's a beautiful old little town that has plenty of castles. We chose the Quinta da Regaleira, the cheapest of the 'palaces', which was stunning on the outside but a bit of a let down inside. We also took a little train around the city which cost €5 each!
Cascais beach & Quinta da Regaleira

Where To Shop
The streets of centre Lisbon itself, particularly around the Baixo-Chiado metro station, are full of shops like H&M and Zara. There's also plenty of cheaper shops with jewellery for as little as €2 and handbags for €10. However if you prefer to have all your shops under one roof, the Vasco Da Gama shopping centre, beside the Oriente metro station, is a must visit! From Sephora to Stradivarius, there's something to suit everyone, not to mention a massive food court with the likes of Pizza Hut and KFC.

So there you have it! My guide to Lisbon. If you have any more questions about where to stay (or if you're looking for a beautiful apartment recommendation) don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter or email.

Have you been to Lisbon before?
-Rachel x

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.