A Guide To Vintage/Thrift Shopping In Dublin

6.07.2014

Hey everyone,

There's no denying that I'm a huge vintage fan. I adore many old Hollywood starlets, and find it fascinating to discover things about the past. History is one of my favourite subjects in school, and I watch a lot of historical dramas- like Reign, about a young Mary Queen of Scots, and Mr.Selfridge. One thing that particularly interests me is how style has changed over the past 100 years. Although I don't own too many vintage pieces, my collection is gradually growing! I also love thrift shopping, as you never know what pre-loved item you'll grab for a bargain price!

Over the past year and half I've discovered many vintage gems in Dublin city, so I thought I'd put together a collection of my favorites. 

1. Om Diva
I first discovered this shop back when I began blogging, as I attended a shop event. Although I didn't buy anything, I returned a few weeks ago and picked up this beautiful Summer dress for €20 [see the full outfit post here!]. Om Diva is a super cute shop on Drury Street, with their vintage pieces housed downstairs. It's a very girly store, and even the hangers are made out of gorgeous jewels! The staff are always lovely, and I know I'll definitely be popping in a few times over the Summer.

2. 9 Crow Street
Although I've visited this shop once, I'm always lusting after items on their online shop. 9 Crow Street have lots of variety, there's definitely something for everyone. They have quite an urban twist too. Their physical store is actually on Lower Ormond Quay, but even if you don't live in Dublin you should definitely check out their stock online!

3. Siopaella
Siopaella is a consignment store that I have a lot of love for. They have 2 stores both in Temple Bar- one selling more designer, high end pieces, and the other sells more affordable pieces. I've attended many of their €3 sales for charity, and everything is in fabulous condition. The staff are also very accommodating, and I believe it's quite popular among celebrities like Florence Welch! You can check out one of my outfit's featuring a dress I bought in Siopaella here.

4. Antique & Vintage Fairs
There's always vintage & antique fairs on in Dublin, run by Vintage Ireland, and I've been to numerous ones in different venues.  There's always so much to chose from- from retro clothing to antique furniture. Not only that, but it's a brilliant day out, with fashion shows, live music and lots of vintage fun! There's one taking place tomorrow in the Celbridge Manor Hotel, and admission is only €3.50. If you're around I'd highly recommend popping in, as I'm going myself and can't wait! I wrote about one of the fairs here if you want to read up on what goes on. 

5. Temple Bar District
Last but not least is the Temple Bar area in Dublin's city centre. There are so many vintage shops to chose from! Three of my favorites are Fresh, Eager Beaver & Lucy's Lounge. As you can see from the photos above, even the outside of the shops are quirky! They're all pretty near each other too, so you could easily hit them all in one day. Eager Beaver sells a lot of vintage inspired items, Fresh is very 90's grunge and Lucy's Lounge also stocks some handmade pieces. 

So there's my guide to vintage shopping in Dublin! Let me know if you check any of them out, or if you have any recommendations for me.
post signature

where to find me >

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.