6 months blog free- where have I been?

10.08.2017


It's been nearly 6 months since I last wrote a blog post. If you follow me on social media (where I post a lot more frequently) you'll know I spent 3 months in America and returned home in August. It was the most magical summer, and made me fall in love with the USA. When I got home it was straight back into work, and then in September it was straight back into college.

It's funny, I started this blog 5 years ago and while this is the longest I've ever gone without posting, I've been writing more than ever. Now in my final year studying journalism, portfolio work is all that matters for me over the next few months. And I'm still trying to figure out where this little ol' blog fits in the grand scheme of things. Do I link my articles here and use it as a journalistic portfolio? Do I continue to write down my rambling thoughts like so? Or do I go back to what I was doing before, sharing my outfits and fashion thoughts?

I can't remember the last time I sat down and read a blog. Like, actually sat down and read a blog post from start to finish. In the world of social media and Instagram, I continue to follow my favourite bloggers and 'influencers' via social media and support them there instead. It's instant and quick and a lot easier to do.

If you're interested in reading my writing, you'll most likely find me writing for The College View or The Look. I also continue to post (too often) on Twitter and Instagram. As for blogging... we'll just have to wait and see!

Rachel x

Image by Kyle Ewald

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.