Leopard Nail Art Tutorial

10.06.2013


Hey everyone,
Ok, so this isn't TECHNICALLY the first nail art tutorial I've done on Oh Hey There Rachel- I did a not-so-great-quality one last year, however I've decided to frequently start making them! Alot of people have been commenting on my nail art posts with things like "wish I could do that!" or "pity I don't have a steady hand". I've tried to break this down as simple as possible. Remember, practice makes perfect! I've been doing nail art for years, so don't worry if it doesn't come out amazing first go. Let me know if you try it out, I'd love to see your pictures.

You Will Need;
- A nail polish of your choice
- Black nail art pen [or dip a cocktail stick in black polish!]
-White nail polish/pen

What I Used;
-Barry M Gelly polish in "greenberry"
- Nail art pens from Hairspray

Preparation;
I find it best to apply a basecoat before painting my nails, and a topcoat after. The basecoat stops the polish from staining your nails, and the topcoat will make it last longer and appear glossier. I use a Sally Hansen nail hardener as my basecoat, and an Essence topcoat.

Tutorial;
1. Paint two coats of your chosen nail colour on to your nails. I love this Barry M one, and the gelly polish range is definitely one of my favorites this year!
2. Using your black nail art pen, draw broken circles on your nails. The easiest way to do this is to think of drawing brackets like (  ) this!
3. Fill in some of the spacing by drawing a few random thin black flicks surrounding the 'brackets'
4. Fill in the 'brackets' using your white nail art pen. And you're done!


What do you think of this tutorial? Will you be trying this look out?
-Rachel x

where to find me >

5 comments

  1. Ohh I love this, the colour combo is perfect!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nails look so good! You did such an amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tutorial is super easy to follow. Very cute!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I love that color!!

    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.