48 Hours In Liverpool | Travel Guide

7.03.2016

Liverpool, UK

After my original holiday fell through and with time already booked off work, myself and two of my besties decided to pop over to the UK for a small break away. Today's post is all about the 48 hours we spent in Liverpool, before we headed off to Manchester for a night. Liverpool is the perfect city for students- mostly because of how cheap it is! Our flights were €20 return with Ryanair and we stayed in a hotel called Days Inn, which was about £70 between us for the two nights. I thought I'd put together a little student friendly travel guide for anyone that's thinking of heading away this year for a quick city break!

Things To Do;
Visit the Cavern Club; Liverpool is famous for The Beatles and it wouldn't be a trip to Liverpool without a visit to the renowned Cavern Club. Although we didn't stay for a drink, it was a really cool place to visit and the wall of fame across from it was fascinating to see.
Go shopping around Liverpool One; I couldn't get over the size of the shopping district in Liverpool and we were lucky enough to experience it during the mid-season sales. I managed to pick up a few bits in Topshop and even my first designer bag from Vivienne Westwood (more to follow on that on my instagram!)
Get a full view of the city on The Wheel of Liverpool; We did this on our last day in Liverpool and I'm so glad we did- it's basically Liverpool's answer to the London Eye. You get such a spectacular view of the city!
Learn about the history at The Museum of Liverpool; We spent over an hour strolling around this (free) museum, soaking in the history and learning about Liverpool's past. Great for when it's raining (like it did for us).





Where To Eat

  • For traditional pub grub; On our second night we headed to The Pumphouse at Albert Dock for some delicious British pub food. I went for fish and chips and a cocktail pitcher went down a treat between us.
  • For a cheap Italian; As we were a bit tired on our first day and didn't want to head very far, we went to a Pizza Express around Liverpool One (which I'm pretty sure is the English version of Milanos over in Ireland). For £10 for a two course meal, you can't really go wrong.
  • For breakfast on the go; Greggs- yummy sausage rolls and easy on the wallet!

Student Friendly Nightlife

Heebie Jeebies for indie music and chill vibes
McCooleys, an Irish bar, for casual pre drinks
●  La'go for cheap drinks (£2.75 for a double vodka and coke, I kid you not)
Baa Bar for a late night and lots of dancing!


Some Extra Snaps...

Museum of Liverpool

With my Vivienne Westwood shopping bag!

Hope some of you find this travel guide useful- let me know if you plan on going there any time soon!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hey there rachel. Design by Fearne.